Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
C. gaskelliana 'Maruja' X C.gaskelliana 'Red Flame'

Posted by charm Z8 TX (imacharm@hotmail.com) on
Wed, Jun 11, 08 at 15:52

I got this semi/alba from EOoM, in 2003 and this is the second blooming for me. This one requires full sun in winter, now that I have figured this out it should bloom every year. wonderful scent too. Enjoy...~Charm

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/Charm1704/?action=view¤t=Cgaskelliana.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: C. gaskelliana 'Maruja' X C.gaskelliana 'Red Flame'

Gorgeous, I am starting to like these semi-alba's: without realising I have already collected a few!!

o

Nice semi-alba flowers!

-Harvey

o

Beautiful! I love these orchids and have a few. I cannot get them to bloom. Maybe it is the winter sun which is lacking. I'll give them another year before throwing in the towel.

So lovely - great growing Charm...

Jane

o

Very pretty. Since they need full winter sun, they won't go on my 'got to have' list.

Marci

o

That's so pretty. When did it put on the flowering growth? I'm imagining it has a lovely scent too.

John

o

John, this orchid puts on new growth in very early spring, it will bloom on new growth and old.~Charm

o

I found a site that says that "in the United States, growth begins in early February and is completed by mid-May." Does this correspond to your experience?

Here is a link that might be useful: Cattleya gaskelliana growing information

o

John, yes it does. This is a very easy orchid to grow and bloom if it's given enough sun. get one you'll love it!~Charm

o

Charm - what light and how warm? I can't get mine to bloom. I love these plants.

Jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here