Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eria brachystachya

Posted by orchidnick z9Ca (orchidnick@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Jun 9, 13 at 17:26

Unusual strong color for this species. Warm grower from the Philippines flowers are short lived.

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eria brachystachya

Different angle.

o

The whole plant.

o

Good work ethics, 5 new growths, only 4 are visible.

o

I like the orange/white combination - the plant looks sort of like my Neobenthamia gracilis, but that blooms from the apex of the growth.
Tucker

o

Lovely plant. Pity, the blooms are short lived.
One of the reasons I like orchids is, the long blooming time.

o

Apparently the orange parts are bracts and not part of the flower. The entire flower is white. This is normal for this plant. Searching the web these bracts are usually pale yellow and I have seen 2 posts where they are bright yellow. I have seen no orange which is probably unusual.. Andy will look at the photos tomorrow and give his opinion which I will share. A few of the bracts are already beginning to turn pale yellow. In the meantime 2 more new growths have emerged, it is now working on 7 new leads. Good growth habit.

Nick

o

I did a web search again and did find an orange one at:

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4147/5189002097_f5a814b949_z.jpg

So I guess not totally unusual after all.

Nick

o

The flowers are already loosing their luster. Definitely short lived.

o

Flowers are falling off. Opened Sat, finished in 5 days, oh well, pretty while it lasted.

Nick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here