Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cymbidium ensifolium blooming!

Posted by snasxs 7-8 VA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 18, 08 at 23:12

It is very fragrant and grows great under Phalaenopsis conditions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cymbidium ensifolium blooming!

Such a healthy plant... it's beautiful!

o

Perfect plant! Good growning :)

o

WOW that is AWESOME! Gorgeous!

o

• Posted by bolero VIC Aust z9 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 21, 08 at 3:53

WOnderful display, and you say it grows like a Phal? Interesting.

o

Wow. It's most lovely.

How large does the plant get? When you say "Phal conditions," what are your temp ranges, light direction, etc.? Whitecat8

o
2nd question - Cymbidium ensifolium blooming!

Oh, and how long do the flowers last? :) Thanks, WC8

o

Gorgeous!~Charm

o

Whitecat, I think each individual flower lasts about 2 weeks.

o

VERY, VERY nice !!! Approx. how tall is it ? Also, where in VA are you at as I'm in Silver Spring, MD ?? Do you belong to Hollin Hills or National Capitol OS ??

Chryss

o

Ooh Chryss, I wish you could get the scent of these. I have a hard time to describe the wonderful scent.

o

SOLD !! I was looking at ensifoliums just because they're warm growers and GORGEOUS, inspired by YOURS !! I've got three newbies and even put them outside for the morning sun exposure. Sorta looks like next season for blooms but all 3 have new growths and look to be happy campers !!

C-

o

chryss, how are your plants going?

o

My large cymbidium, bought blooming in 8" pot, in April 2007 was repotted in Sept 2007 in a 10" pot. It was inside for the winter and outside in partial shade all summer. Fertilized with 15-30-15 occasionally. I just brought it inside to a sunny window. Night temps high 50's, day temps 68. My problem is that it has not bloomed since that first time. It has produced a couple of new bulbs with 3 foot long leaves, but no sign of flower spikes. I am a complete amateur. Is there any way to force blooms

o

Snasxs,

My net connection has been down for most of 2 weeks ! I think I've got spikes on most of my 6 Cyms that are still outside now. I've acquired 2 ensfolium albas since last we talked ! Can't wait to see AND smell the blooms !! I've gone off the deep end in the Catasetum alliance ! Got a collection from another forum member totaling 20 which puts me at 28 now !!! Give me a hand if you see me not coming up for air !!!! LOL !! Most of those are going into dormancy but my Cyc. clorochilum X (27" tall now !) has 2 spike buds started and I've a pendactylon X in spike bud also ! The pterradactyl (I call it !!) is a newbie for me ! Remember you asked !!! If you noticed the two I got from my NCOS show/sale posted above ? Under EXTREME stress I managed to come away with ONLY two !!! BTW, can I call you something other than snasxs ??

Chryss

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here