Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snasxs

Cymbidium ensifolium blooming!

snasxs
15 years ago

It is very fragrant and grows great under Phalaenopsis conditions.

{{gwi:198508}}
{{gwi:198509}}
{{gwi:198510}}

Comments (14)

• rita_h
    15 years ago

Such a healthy plant... it's beautiful!

• smwboxer
    15 years ago

Perfect plant! Good growning :)

• tommyr_gw Zone 6
    15 years ago

WOW that is AWESOME! Gorgeous!

• bolero
    15 years ago

WOnderful display, and you say it grows like a Phal? Interesting.

• whitecat8
    15 years ago

Wow. It's most lovely.

How large does the plant get? When you say "Phal conditions," what are your temp ranges, light direction, etc.? Whitecat8

• whitecat8
    15 years ago

Oh, and how long do the flowers last? :) Thanks, WC8

• Charm
    15 years ago

Gorgeous!~Charm

• snasxs
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Whitecat, I think each individual flower lasts about 2 weeks.

• chryss
    15 years ago

VERY, VERY nice !!! Approx. how tall is it ? Also, where in VA are you at as I'm in Silver Spring, MD ?? Do you belong to Hollin Hills or National Capitol OS ??

Chryss

• snasxs
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ooh Chryss, I wish you could get the scent of these. I have a hard time to describe the wonderful scent.

• chryss
    15 years ago

SOLD !! I was looking at ensifoliums just because they're warm growers and GORGEOUS, inspired by YOURS !! I've got three newbies and even put them outside for the morning sun exposure. Sorta looks like next season for blooms but all 3 have new growths and look to be happy campers !!

C-

• snasxs
    Original Author
    15 years ago

chryss, how are your plants going?

• jabiggar_earthlink_net
    15 years ago

My large cymbidium, bought blooming in 8" pot, in April 2007 was repotted in Sept 2007 in a 10" pot. It was inside for the winter and outside in partial shade all summer. Fertilized with 15-30-15 occasionally. I just brought it inside to a sunny window. Night temps high 50's, day temps 68. My problem is that it has not bloomed since that first time. It has produced a couple of new bulbs with 3 foot long leaves, but no sign of flower spikes. I am a complete amateur. Is there any way to force blooms

• chryss
    15 years ago

Snasxs,

My net connection has been down for most of 2 weeks ! I think I've got spikes on most of my 6 Cyms that are still outside now. I've acquired 2 ensfolium albas since last we talked ! Can't wait to see AND smell the blooms !! I've gone off the deep end in the Catasetum alliance ! Got a collection from another forum member totaling 20 which puts me at 28 now !!! Give me a hand if you see me not coming up for air !!!! LOL !! Most of those are going into dormancy but my Cyc. clorochilum X (27" tall now !) has 2 spike buds started and I've a pendactylon X in spike bud also ! The pterradactyl (I call it !!) is a newbie for me ! Remember you asked !!! If you noticed the two I got from my NCOS show/sale posted above ? Under EXTREME stress I managed to come away with ONLY two !!! BTW, can I call you something other than snasxs ??

Chryss

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz