Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sujewel

Wedding Orchids

sujewel
15 years ago

My wedding centerpieces. Not the best pictures, should have the photographers pix soon, but I really wanted to post these now. I'll post the professional pix later.

Placecards: Not exactly the way I wanted the placecards lined up. But the idea was table by flower

ONCIDIUM SHARRY BABY:

PHALAENOPSIS WHITE DREAM:

WILSONARA HOTSPOT

SANDERARA BLACK STAR:

Renanthera Nancy Chandler:

BARKERARA TRUTH 'SILVER CHALICE'

Comments (15)

• lwowk
    15 years ago

Very nice! Congratulations!

Larissa

• Charm
    15 years ago

Beautiful displays!~Charm

• venividi
    15 years ago

Congratulations! The orchids are gorgeous!

• littlem_2007
    15 years ago

ditto to all - thanks
    sue

• counselor4444
    15 years ago

beautiful!

• sambac
    15 years ago

Gorgeous display! I am sure the event was spectacular.
    Congrats!

• sujewel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here are some pictures of the cake stands. Might be difficult to see well, but they are all potted orchids in there. The flowers on the cakes are sugar orchids.

• jane__ny
    15 years ago

What a beautiful wedding. The flowers are beautiful. I wish you many years of love and happiness....

Jane

• sujewel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Now the question is...how am I going to keep these orchids blooming? Since the pots are glass with no drainage, I'm worried that they were overwatered. The Sphagnum moss is still damp and I picked them up last Tuesday.

The Barkerara and the Sanderaria are losing some blooms. I'm not too familiar with these orchids. How long do their blooms last? When I saw them on June 6th, they were both budding, but the buds weren't open yet.

The Renantera is also losing some flowers, but when I saw them, they were already open.

• jank
    15 years ago

Hopefully, these beautiful orchids were in regular pots/media before they were put into the glass jars---just a day or so before the wedding??? They need to come out of those soon!!!

How about a new post so that people will look again and give some help, like, "Help me save my wedding orchids!" and refer to this post in it???

• jank
    15 years ago
  • sujewel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Jank!!! Fantastic Idea!

• Sheila
    15 years ago

Your pics of the tables are wonderful. I hope we'll see a pic of the bride/groom. Congratulations!

Happy marriage & happy orchid growing.
    Sheila :)

• carolinn_on
    15 years ago

Lovely! I wish both of you many years of happiness!

Carol

• sujewel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hope to have the professional pictures shortly. My parent's didnt get many pictures of the two of us. Most just me.

Sponsored