Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michoice

Paphiopedilum 'Gloria Naugle' rothschildianum X micranthum.

michoice
14 years ago

I acquired this plant seven years ago as an ex-flask seedling, it has now flowered for the first time and as a lover of Paphs. it was well worth waiting for.

Comments (7)

• whitecat8
    14 years ago

Oh, my gosh. I thought people had these 'cause they had the room, never expecting them to bloom.

It's breathtaking.

• quinnfyre
    14 years ago

Wow!

• olyagrove
    14 years ago

What a flower, and what a shot
    Olya

• arthurm
    14 years ago

Very nice! but are the colours true?

• Charm
    14 years ago

Exquisite!~Charm

• michoice
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the comment Arthur, the micranthum influence does make this particular cross very colourful, to be honest I would say that as soon as you put any colours against a black background it does emphasise them somewhat but even so the colour reproduction of this bloom is visually within about 10%.

• bob8_gw
    14 years ago

Very nice flower and photograph.

Whitecat8, that was true with the older Gloria Naugle cross's. They are very hard to bloom. I have a couple of them just taking up room. However the newer crosses using the newer roths. are blooming much easier. I currently have one in bloom. The first flower has faded but the second one is still holding on. I'd ask my wife to photograph it if only we had the time. We're heading off for vacation tomorrow so can't do it. While away we plan on going to Marriott Orchids to add a few seedling to the collection.

Sponsored