Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dendrobium moniliforme

Posted by ifraser25 z11 Brazil (ifraser57@hotmail.com) on
Mon, Aug 29, 11 at 11:32

From China, Korea and Taiwan. A bit like Neofinetia falcatum in Japan, there are orchid groups dedicated solely to this one species and there are a number of subtle varieties ie. one with variegated leaves and various degrees of lilac tinging on the petals. This latter is barely visible to the naked eye on mine but comes out well in the photo. It's not that easy here in Brazil. My first plant died a couple of years ago. I think maybe our winter temps are a bit on the warm side for it.
Dendrobium moniliforme 2011

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dendrobium moniliforme

Lovely, but immposible to imagine it's as small as you state.

o
RE: Dendrobium moniliforme

• Posted by jank US10 (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 4, 11 at 21:29

It is a lovely lilac---I find my falcata colors show up much more in photos also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here