Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blc. Copper Queen

Posted by chryss 7 MD (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 08 at 14:17

Got this seedling last May for $5 ! 3.5" bloom just opened yesterday.

Blc. Copper Queen (Bl. Richard Mueller x Toshie Aoki)
Blc. Copper Queen (Bl. Richard Mueller x Toshie Aoki)

YES, I know it's got some wierd name now ! It'll ALWAYS be Blc. to me !
Chryss

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blc. Copper Queen

Very pretty! I'd have this one by now if it were fragrant. Yes, the new name is strange and I stick to the old one, too - makes life easier!

Carol

o

I have a seedling too that flowered with similar colours. Didn't get round to sniffing it at night to see if it inherited the night fragrance from the B. nodosa ancestor.

o

Well, arthurm, you know you had me going down to sniff it !! Came back with nothing to note but I find that the first blooms rarely have a fragrance and if so, not in the first days. I'll check again later and won't expect anything until maybe next season. It's so gorgeous, who cares !! Just my type of woman = small, nice shape, gorgeous, and does just fine inside without having to go out all the time !!! Perfumed is nice but not required ! :D

Chryss

o

Chryss-I like your metaphor. :)

Fragrance being a criterion helps me pare down my wish list. lol

Carol

o

Thanks Carol ! I was just kidding about the fragrance ! :D I DO really appreciate them !! My favorite orchid (Bc. Ethyl) has inherited the nodosa fragrance and I LOVE it !!

Nope, no daytime frag ! Arthur has me sniffing every time I go by the Copper Queen now !!

C-

o

Arthur has me wondering if I should get a Copper Queen now. And you too, Chryss-if it's fragrant, I may change my mind. I might have to buy it at night, in the dark, to make sure it has that evening fragrance!

Carol

o

Carol, the second bloom is opening today but NO fragrance on the first one yet !! I'll check again tonight as I'll be taking her out to show her off socially !!

C-

o

Carol,
Dropped both blooms today = NO fragrance. The petals and sepals got more yellow with age. Lasted 18 days. Second day pix below.

Blc. Copper Queen
Blc. Copper Queen

Chryss

o

Ah well Chryss...it's a beauty anyway. Thanks for posting. Are you sure it's not fragrant between 2-5 a.m.? ;)

Carol

o

I have a large one which was getting ready to bloom. Left it on my deck (due to construction) and it got fried. Seeing yours makes my loss even worse.

Jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here