Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orchidnick

Asctm miniatum

orchidnick
9 years ago

An oldie but goodie, I have seen this thing forever at shows and at meetings. Good reason why it is popular.

Nick

Comments (10)

• shavedmonkey (Harvey in South Fl.)Z10b
    9 years ago

That plant looks familiar. Do I know it? It looks very happy!

• orchidnick
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Did you send it to me? I don't remember when or who I got it from. It is mounted sideways on a piece of cork, I would never mount it that way so it may well have come from you. In that case thank you very much, it is delightful. And it does seem to be happy.

Nick

9 years ago

Looks like one of my kids. Is there green wire holding it on? Is there any sphagnum shoved in the cracks? It never bloomed this time of year. It loves the California air. When they leave home and go away and do good it makes me happy.

• orchidnick
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yup, the green wire is there, I'll have to remove it. I'll tell it you are thinking about it, I'm sure it cares..

Nick

• inga007
    9 years ago

Love the colour and looks small and compact.

• Darlene (GreenCurls)
    9 years ago

Its okay, SM. Nick has posted some of the orchids I traded with him looking a lot happier than they were with me. It happens.

• orchidnick
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It's not my genius or brilliant management. The backyards of SOCAL are very conducive to some plant's happiness, that's all. And then there are others, hard cane Dendrobiums for example, who don't like it.

Nick

9 years ago

I am not willing to say it is happier, however it does look very happy. It does not bloom this time of the year here. It appears the SOCAL climate gives this plant a different schedule. It blooms here in the spring. The lower temps could have tricked it into feeling like spring. Regardless, weather trading or gifting I get great pleasure seeing them thrive! Take some credit Nick!

• orchidnick
    Original Author
    9 years ago

More open.

Nick

• orchidnick
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This one really is a beauty, no wonder it is so popular. Thank you SM.

Nick

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner