Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trichtosia velutina

Posted by orchidnick z9Ca (orchidnick@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 19:51

A group of 50 hairy leaved and stemmed plants from Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Sumatra, Java, Papua and New Guinea and Borneo. Warm growing, likes to stay wet and generally not available. I had to do handstands to get this plant and paid way to much for it. Here is the plant, a gangly affair. What I have is tied up but new canes will be allowed to cascade at will. It is in full glorious bloom, what a plant!

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trichotosia velutina

That's spelled Trichotosia, sorry. Well not really in full bloom yet but it will hardly make much difference. Here is the fruit of my labor. Small,, poorly opened, short lived flowers.

Nick

o
RE: Trichotosia velutina

There are 4 to 5 flowers per bundle, a total of 6 bundles scattered all over one of the canes. Maybe it will explode in a shower of flowers but I don't think so. What you see is probably all I'll get.

The joys of species growing. It will go to a species society this Sunday and they'll go gaga gugu all over it because no one has it nor has seen it before.

Nick

o
RE: Trichtosia velutina

• Posted by arthurm Sydney, NSW AUST (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 3:00

Lol! What about the judging panel? They have probably never seen one and have to decide whether it is a good, average or poor flower for the species.

o

I like your attitude, make 'em jealous.....
All the same, it's rather cute .

o

Well it was appreciated as an example off what makes a species grower. A plant only a mother could love. Here is another shot of the stunning flowers.

Nick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here