Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
charlesb_gw

Lc.Inteceps coerulea 'Blue Sky'

charlesb
14 years ago

Besides Laelia Ancibariana 'Rosedust' I think this is one of the most beautiful in my collection.

Hope you enjoy

Charles B.

Lc Intercepts

close-up

Comments (12)

• arthurm
    14 years ago

Lovely crisp shape, but that blue is very elusive.

• Sheila
    14 years ago

I agree, very beautiful indeed!

• xmpraedicta
    14 years ago

Stunning orchid

• heth
    14 years ago

As always beautiful pictures! Beautiful orchid too!

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

I am practicing again, my lurking and stalking. Wow, and wow, CharlesB's beautiful Lc. Intercepscolor>. I figure if I grab his photo, it will help me memorize his collection, my ambition-- be a museum collector of CharlesB's photos- but of course, restricted to GW forums only, LOL! I promise not to lurk past GW. CharlesB, you need to start selling prints of your orchids. I mean, seriously....!

I am relieved that the new Pbase server allows stalkers like me to constantly show off that this is CharlesB's unforgettable enchanting orchids. I just wish I could remember orchid names. They're impossible for me to remember, it's not like rose names (sigh!). All I can do is go blab on to my rose friends to take a look at CharlesB's fantastic purple orchid (you get the idea, LOL, LOL!).

OK. I am practicing now, here is CharlesB's Lc. Interceps Coerulia 'Blue Sky'. Actually I did not do so well memorizing with this time (originally mispelled in 2 places Coeralia and worst of all did L. instead of Lc.--haha, man that was baaaaad- newbies, roll-eyes)

• terpguy
    14 years ago

Sorry Charles, but I have to:

Serena, can I just say: cool down! Its one thing to admire his work, but quite another to FREQUENTLY refer to yourself as a stalker and post large quantities of his photos on your posts. That really IS stalker behavior and its makes me uncomfortable just reading it. I can't imagine how Charles must feel. Calm down and enjoy the view; just give poor Charles some breathing room :)

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

So sorry CharlesB and Terpguy! I will definitely exit, CEASE AND DESIST! I keep forgetting that you all do not know me well, unlike the Rose Gallery people who do! I am very, very SORRY! I promise never to do this, and will just be a very polite viewer form NOW ON!I feel so bad about this whole mess, and don't know if I can ever salvage this. I sincerely, deeply apologize. It may take a long time for me to be able to undo the damage. So I pray that everyone at the Orchid Gallery and Orchid Forum will be very patient and kind/forgiving with me.

Here are some excerpts and links and look through for SerenaSYH, and it may help to even out the mood, so that I don't seem as freaky (just someone who is way too enthusiastic without realizing the aftermath). At the Rose Gallery we are always sharing photos with each other. And cross-posting up references. And this may help let CharlesB know that I am truly a normal Rose Gallery person with lots of rose friends at the GW rose gallery.

correspondence with JeffAurora

correspondence with Boxofrox-Boxofrox also nicknames me KG for Kansas Girl

Boxofrox sharing his Abraham Darby with me

my typical borrowing exchange of roses between JeffAurora and I (Jeff is in reply #7, I'm borrowing his gorgeous Lincoln on the reply #9.

JeffAurora exchange

I just think that CharlesB's gallery is just totally beautiful and amazing, too precious to be so modestly hidden with just mere links. I didn't realize that was just sheer rudeness on my part, so I am deeply sorry. From now on I will only stick with simple compliments on just specific links that he posts up and won't ever cross reference his links again!

• terpguy
    14 years ago

Serena, really, no need to be so dramatic about it; you're acting like you got caught stealing something! You're clearly not trying to be malicious, and seem to be a nice person. Just cool it, thats all. We already know around here that Charles is very talented and enjoy everything he posts. You're trying to preach to the converted.

• arthurm
    14 years ago

Yes, in the rose world names are not complicated. Somewhere, i remember seeing a label "Such and such x seedling" You will never see that on an orchid label.
    Serena, welcome to world of orchid growing, maybe the people are different, who knows?
    Charles, certainly grows nice orchids and takes great pictures. Not everyone is blessed with his talent. As "editor" of the local orchid society web page i feel like a fink when photos end up on the cutting room floor.

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Awww, thanks Terpguy and Arthurm. I guess for me to see CharlesB's gallery, I just got literally, too wowed out as a newbie. I see many gorgeous rose photos and gardens, but those orchid photos are even above that because of the photography itself. It's not just "excellent orchids" but a Designer Photographer if that makes any sense. You see I think that's why there's such a flurry of rose photo trades at the Rose Gallery, whereas orchids grow very slowly and form very slowly, where everyone takes their time getting to know each other where patience, skill and "study" is the persona of an orchid grower. LOL, it's not like the broo-ha, whoo-hoo, exchanges or as in my case, a goofy intruder bursting in on the scene, LOL!

Anyway, I am looking forward to more beautiful CharlesB photos and will try to act more like a genteel Ballet/Symphony "appreciator" instead of some cheering, unmanageable Football fanatic "swarming the stands", LOL. LOL.

• charlesb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Serenasyh-
    Its ok.No harm done.The fact that you REALLY enjoyed my photos is going to make me work harder and improve.I can andI will.
    As for putting my photos in your thread that is not approved.I sometimes put a link to P-Base & Flicker so folks can see what Ive done.There are times when I forget to post here and just type the link,so anyone that wants to can see them.
    No hard feelings.Post some of your orchids soon
    Charles B.

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Awwww, thanks so much Charles! The Rose Gallery people are really enjoying the neighbor's roses you posted for us. Markiz (real name is Lana), the lady who posted one of the replies, does some really beautiful photos herself so I think out of everyone there, her comments are especially "true" from designer-to-designer.

I have no photographic ability (my background is actually 3D animation, graphics and web design-simulated/construed beauty that is not based on reality).

And even though I know nothing about how to take a beautiful photograph and nothing about orchids, at least I do recognize "special". And that is always what I see when I see your orchids. Something absolutely sublime!

I truly hope you will come back to grace us with your actual orchid gallery link too on your rose thread...I'm sure that the designer-rose folk like JeffAurora, Lana, and Marina would be so impressed.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County