Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shade cloth greehouse

Posted by jebert 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 22, 08 at 6:10

AFTER MUCH TRIAL AND ERROR I DECIDED TO BUILD A SHADE CLOTH GREEHOUSE WITH 4X4 AND 2X4 PRESSURE TREATED WOOD. WILL NEED A FAN AND WILL INVEST ON A PORTABLE HEATING
UNIT FOR OUR ONE NIGHT A YEAR, WHEN I MIGHT NEED IT. DOES ANY ONE IN MY ZONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE OR ANY TIPS, IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS (PICTURES). THEY WILL BE GREATLY APRECIATED. I HAVE VISITED PLENTY OF COMMERCIAL ONES IN MY AREA.
THANK YOU-MISS. FREESIA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shade cloth greehouse

you might want to post this in the forum side, this side is for orchid pictures.The forum is for discussions. Wish i could help you though.~Charm

o

Sorry can't help much with the shadehouse - unfortunately don't live in Florida :( I think you would get more responses on the forum side as Charm mentioned. Also, an FYI in case you didn't know - All caps is generally used to indicate that you are screaming, it's also a little hard to read.
Best,
~Jem

o

In Florida where for 99% of the year the climate is ideal for orchids, you don't want to spend too much on heating. On the few nights when those cold northwesterlies do bring the temperature right down your best option is probably a small paraffin heater. They are not ideal for long term heating as they produce a lot of CO2 and water vapor but where you are I would go for one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here