Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
orchid id

Posted by blondy27 none (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 14:09

can some one name this orchid for me I have a lot with out tags I will post them

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: orchid id

• Posted by arthurm Sydney, NSW AUST (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 15:24

It is a warm growing hybrid Dendrobium and that is unfortunately as close as you will get to an ID.
Just too many hybrids (about 10,000 registered Dendrobium names) and the variation between seedlings make an id almost impossible.

o

thanks and yes it is warm growing I am in Trinidad west indies

o

Then your dendrobium will be very happy on your island. Give it afternoon shade and water each day. If the leaves are dark green, give it more sun, too light green, more shade. Get some good fertilizer. Add a little love....

o

these are some of my den orchids

o

I need id of them

o

I am getting problems to upload the rest

o

more

o

different orange

o

white den

o

another

o

this is my newest one

o

• Posted by arthurm Sydney, NSW AUST (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 18, 13 at 13:38

Nice Dendrobiums, but as i said above you have very little chance of getting an id. Just too many hybrids and many that will "look like".

Here are three pics showing the range of shapes in the warm growing "hard cane" types.
Intermediate Shape
Dendrobium Garnet Jewel
Antelope shape
Dendrobium Alice's Rainbow
Phal. Type Shape
Dendrobium Memoria Kathleen Ford

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here