Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chryss_gw

Bc. Ethyl

chryss
15 years ago

This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE orchid !!! This is the 3rd blooming this year, Feb, July, and now !!! And she's FRAGRANT !!!

Bc. Ethyl

{{gwi:1123624}}

{{gwi:1123625}}

Chryss

Comments (11)

• bolero
    15 years ago

Elegant and beautiful. Everything you want in an orchid.

Thanks for sharing.

• carolinn_on
    15 years ago

That's a darling Chryss. Did you know it's a cross between B. nodosa and Prosth. citrina. Maybe it's fragrant day AND night!

No big deal, but it's spelled Ethyle..that way it won't be confused with the gasoline. :)

Carol

• Sheila
    15 years ago

That's one for my wish list! Love it.

Sheila :)

• Charm
    15 years ago

Gotta love the ones that bloom 3 times a year, A Beauty!~Charm

• AMYQofU
    15 years ago

Three times a year, fragrant, AND spots! What more could you ask for?

• chryss
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, I AGREE !

Carol, I don't want to get into a taxonomy argument but I've been here before. If you google Bc. ETHYL you get nothing unless you put the 'E' at the end (actually, I just tried it and you get Garden Web Forum with MY pix !). You get this, IMO, UGLY, MUD YELLOW, thing with a frilly lip that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in common with mine except that they're both orchids ! You be the judge !

Bc. Ethyl E
    {{gwi:1113749}}

Yes, she might have been mislabeled and it's obvious that she has nodosa in her background but when I got her the tag read ETHYL and until I find out otherwise it'll STAY that way. Thanks for trying. BTW, Ethyl Merman didn't spell it with an 'E' on the end !

C-

• chryss
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You had to spell out the Brassocattleya EthylE and it states that it's NOT a positive ID for B. nodosa x C. citrina.

C-

Here is a link that might be useful: brassocattleya ethyle

• carolinn_on
    15 years ago

That's what it says for Ethyle 'Bill Teele' AM/AOS, so maybe it's only for this clone:

..."sepals and petals extremely clear lemon yellow; lip pastel yellow with a few spots deep in throat; thick substance, textture wavy; starry critrina form. Sounds a lot like yours.

It can even by Ethyl Marmaid...;)

Carol

• stitzelweller
    15 years ago

Some people say Cattleya citrina, some say Prosthechea. The latest from IOSPE Jay is Euchile citrina! Hahaha!!

Will the real citrina please, STAND UP!

Below, from IOSPE:

Synonyms Cattleya citrina [La Llave & Lex.] Lindl. 1824; Cattleya karwinskii Mart. 1830; Cattleya sulfurina Lem. 1854; Encyclia citrina (La Llave & Lex.) Dressler 1961 Epidendrum citrinum (La Llave & Lex.) Rchb. f. 1862; Hormidium citrinum [La Llave & Lex.] Brieger 1977; Prosthechea citrina (Lex.) W.E.Higgins 1998; *Sobralia citrina La Llave & Lex. 1825

• AMYQofU
    15 years ago

clear as mud

• chryss
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Taxonomists love to wallow in mud !!

C-

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County