Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Schoenorchis buddleiflora

Posted by cjwatson Z8 FL (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 5, 09 at 15:48

A small pendant orchid species from Borneo.

Here is a link that might be useful: Schoenorchis buddleiflora

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Schoenorchis buddleiflora

Fascinating! It looks nothing like S. fragrans! I just IOSPEd it and it seems to be in another genus: Saccolabium buddleiflorum...but google yields no info on that.

o

Calvin, all of the Schoenorchis species used to be in the genus Saccolabium. Many have very different styles of growth than fragrans. Schoenorchis buddleiflora resembles my Schoenorchis gemmata to a great degree although the flowers are quite different close-up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Schoenorchis gemmata

o

Very cute blooms! I like the growth of the plant too.

o

What a cutie and quite aptly named :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here