bayard_gw

New Greenhouse With Plants

bayard
15 years ago

All bright and shiny.

Comments (12)

• chryss
    15 years ago

Now that is BEAUTIFUL, but it's so CLEAN that it's almost OBSCENE !!!

I'm SURE you're already enjoying it !!

C-

• Sheila
    15 years ago

Exactly what Chryss said!!! I'm green with envy!

Sheila :)

• olyagrove
    15 years ago

Fantastic!

• carrilloenglish
    15 years ago

Truly wonderful.

How big is the greenhouse -- what are its dimensions?

I look at your Southern Burner heater and chuckle. I finally had the propane line installed to mines this morning... no more electric milk box heaters.

Christian

• Charm
    15 years ago

Ditto on the Beautiful!~Charm

• triciami5
    15 years ago

That is a dream of mine, it is beautiful, everything looks so fresh and new. Tricia

• bayard
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for your comments!

Christian -The greenhouse is 10 x 20 ft.

• bolero
    15 years ago

Nicely build greenhouse and immaculate!

Looks great and I can see plenty of space for more plants.

• picotee_sofl
    15 years ago

Shiny bright and beautiful! A wonderful sight. May your plants live long and prosper. :>)

• savtaj
    15 years ago

Beautiful, clean and neat. How lucky you are!
    Judy

• jwv_ont
    15 years ago

Your greenhouse looks great!

I have my eye on this model (hopefully some day) and was wondering what kind, and size of heater you are using? In your previous photo I thought I had seen some sort of heater on the exterior of the greenhouse! Since the light transmission of this material is near 60%, do you think you will need to use shading in the summer? Will you be able to track the gas usage for the greehouse (I'll have to prepare a budget so that I can make the "sales pitch" to my wife). Many thanks.

• bayard
    Original Author
    15 years ago

jwv ont - I use a Southern Burner 24,000 BTU heater with natural gas. What you saw on the outside of the greenhouse was an evaporative cooler. The main reason I got this model was the five wall polycarbonate glazing. Also, there will be less heat loss because this greenhouse is much tighter (less air infiltration). With my old greenhouse, I had to put in supplemental electric heaters on cold winter nights. Unfortunately, I cannot track the gas usage, since it taps off the main line, but I hope to see significant energy savings over my old SunGlo. The five wall provides about 30% shade, so I will still be using at least 40% shade in the summer.