Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kerrilynn98

phalaenopsis orchid

Kerrilynn98
9 years ago

So i bought a phalaenopsis orchid. My first orchid. I got it home all excited cause it was so pretty, The first the i did was re-pot it. IN SOIL. I know im an idiot, When i woke up the next day i did research on care for the orchid and figured out it had to be removed from the soil immediately. So i pulled it out of the soil and rinsed off the dirt and let it are dry while i traveled to the store to get the correct materials for caring for an orchid. I asked alot of questions at the store and a man told me that a reg bark orchid would be sufficient. But from the research i have dont i feel like i need a 1 part moss moss in there? And the only aerated pot they had there was a clay one. it has air holes on the sides but dont these pots stay wet all day? isnt this bad? and the roots are looking a little water logged. But i just repotted it today. Any help or advise would be grateful. I really dont want to kill it. Its the first thing i see in the morning and it makes me very happy. Thank you.