Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
7 New Photos

Posted by carolinn_on z3 Northern Ontario (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 21, 08 at 9:47

The Blc. Mul recovered after 5 or so years without blooming, after a mealy/scale infection.

The V. Filipino was bought 1-2 years ago, and is a cross between V. (Eua.) sanderiana and V. Lenavat.

It took years for Den. Anucha Flare to bloom without blasting, and this is its best show yet. The buds take a very long time to mature, and need lots of moisture.

The Doritis was bought last year in Florida, and has a powerful scent of roses.

The Psh. (I don't use the newer terms often, but this name has been used for almost 12 years) is of course, very fragrant..spicey and floral.

Sc. Royal Beau...no fragrance detected, but it was so pretty, I coudn't resist!
Sorry about the photo being out of focus.
Hope you enjoy.

Carol

Visit My Photos - 22 Pics

September -December, 2008

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 7 New Photos

Loved everyone of your pics.....beautiful blooms. Just wish we could transmit fragrance. I also wish I'd seen that doritis when I was in Fla.. It's a beauty!

Sheila

o

Hi Sheila.

I bought this one at the Marie Selby gardens. It was in bloom then, and I couldn't resist its fragrance and beauty. It's in bloom again, brightening the cold, drab, winter day. :)

Carol

o

That dend. is stunning! Your psh. radiata is also gorgeous. How large does this one get? I've been meaning to find this one, but I'm worried it'll get to large for me.
-cal

o

Hi Cal,

I like that Den. because it looks like a Catt., and is a bit of a challenge to bloom.

The radiata can get large-one that got awarded a CCM last year had almost 650 blooms and was in a 96 cm. pot. The pseudobulbs are not that large, so I don't think we'd need to worry for awhile. Get rid of any you don 't really like and get this one if you have a chance, or wait 'til mine gets larger. ;)

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here