Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Psychopsis Kalihi Blooming

Posted by shirley-z-8-tx (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 10, 08 at 13:58

I have had this one for two years and this is the first time it has bloomed. The blossom is much larger than I expected. It is 7"high x4"wide and on the end of a 2ft stem.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Psychopsis Kalihi Blooming

That is a beautifully grown plant. Psychopsis have awesome flowers.

I have one that I've 'killed' three times now, but it's finally rooting nicely since I've started watering it a lot more frequently. What is yours growing in? Does the extra pot help with something (my guess would be to keep the small one from tipping over - but maybe there's some psychopsis requirement I don't know of)?

Thanks!
Eric

o

Beautiful. I'm envious. I broke the spike on mine and now have only a 2" side sprout. So I'm happy to see your picture!

Sheila :)

o

Glad you like it. I bought it on eBay and it is still in the pot it came in. I set it inside the other pot for stability. I think it is growing in coconut fiber. I had bad luck with this one at first too. I dropped it breaking some of the leaves and new ones had to grow before it bloomed. It took a lot of patience. Good luck with yours. shirley

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here