Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A couple of paphs for your viewing.

Posted by bob8 z5 NY (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 10, 08 at 18:30

Here are two of the many paphs. that are starting to bloom in the green house. First is Paph. bellatulum that was breed by Orchid Inn. It was made using 'Yellow Bird' x 'Yellow Sunset'. I had so hoped that it would have passed on the light yellow to it's offspring. It bloomed last year and I didn't even post it as I was so disappointed that it did not come out yellow. Here is a photo of it's second blooming.

Photobucket

Next is one of the whites that are now blooming. As you can see it is a clone of Dottie McDowell. I purchased this plant in Jan. in bloom from Hadley Cash of Marriott Orchids at the World Orchid Conference.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A couple of paphs for your viewing.

Both are gorgeous!~Charm

o

Your orchids are beautiful, Bob! I am particularly interested in the Belaturum. It is lovely in its own right, but I can understand how disappointed you must have been when it didn't show the yellow you had hoped for.

o

Beautiful blooms!!! Great photos too!

Sheila :)

o

• Posted by nativec z8b Beaumont,CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 16, 08 at 14:02

I love your paph. bellatulum. It has been on my wish list for some time. Strangely enough I have only seen pic's that do not show the yellow you speak of. I think its gorgeous!! If you don't like it I'll be happy to take it off your hands...LOL :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here