Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bulbophyllum medusae

Posted by michoice SW England (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 5, 10 at 4:53

Not the most beautiful of orchids but one of the most interesting I think. This plant aborted it's buds over the past two years and nearly finished up in the Great Orchid Nursery in the sky! But I'm glad I gave it one last chance.

Bulbophyllum medusae November 2010

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bulbophyllum medusae

Fascinating. What a beauty.

o

I love this orchid. I call it the cheer-leader orchid due to the pom-poms. Never had the guts (or space) to try it though. Would you happen to have a picture of its buds? I would love to see what they look like!

Steph

o

Not a bulbo fan, but a nice looking 'chid and a lovely picture!

o

Hello Steph, no pictures of the buds, I was holding my breath that they would not turn yellow and drop off! however I can tell you they were very ordinary,just like a Cattleya bud or something similar. When the bud starts to open it looks as if it's full of cotton threads. Have fun, try one.

o

Well I'm definitely encouraged to try one now!

o

On the contrary, I think it is one of the most beautiful.

o

Although it's weird and strange, it is actually one of the easier Bulbos to grow (and flower) IMHO.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here