Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sophronitis coccinea

Posted by michoice SW England (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 3, 08 at 9:13

This plant flowered back in July and now again in December and with some more buds still to open.

Sophronitis coccinea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sophronitis coccinea

Wonderful!

o

What a beautiful photo...and flower. Gorgeous color and that moss is breathtaking. Fabulous job!

Jane

o

Beautiful, the flower and the moss :)

o

Very nice looking specimen. You are doing better than me. I had two plants but one I think has died; no sign of flowers on the other. Have you seen the hybrid "Arizona" (x brevipedunculata)? My wife wanted another but I told her we had better try that!

o

Beautiful indeed! The plant, bloom & photo. And I too love the moss. Is the moss actually growing in the pot?

o

Hi ifraser, I bought an 'Arizona' from a German nursery that has strong connections with Brazil about a year ago. It's doing fine, I have'nt flowered it yet and have no idea what it looks like, I saw it listed and thought here is a Sophronitis that I have never heard of lets get it.

the answer to your question granniek is, the plant is not growing in a pot but on a raft about 10 ins.square covered with a layer of osmunda fibre, the moss and some fern has colonised it and the roots seem to love it.

o

AWESOME! Really a beutiful flower and picture. Way to grow!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here