Lc. Betty Ford 'York'

Posted by bayard zone 6 / NJ (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 26, 09 at 12:33

A huge Lavender from Hausermann's:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lc. Betty Ford 'York'

Bayard,
Wow...that is beautiful. You don't see much posted about Betty Ford and I saw her picture on the Hausermann website and loved the contrast of the very dark lip to the light lavender flower. I had to get one myself and ordered a 10" pot and got a monster. It has four sheaths that look at thick as my forearm...I can't wait as I can see the buds at the bottom of the sheath. Is it very fragrant, spicy? So far the Erin Kobayashi "Amy Chen" and George King "Serendipity" and "Southern Cross" have knocked my socks off with the fragrance...and I have a Chia Lin "New City" ready to pop...hear that also has a nice fragrance. Any recommendations on your favorites for fragrance?

o

That is BEAUTIFUL, dont believe I have seen that one before. Tricia

o

• Posted by bayard zone 6 / NJ (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 27, 09 at 20:02

blutayle - It has a nice citrus fragrance. The flowers are actually dark lavender with a nearly red lip.

o

Huge, indeed - and beautiful!

o

A fine standard catt Bayard... great growing too!

o

Awesome as always!~Charm

o

Beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here