Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Den. blue twinkle

Posted by shavedmonkey 10b stuart, fl (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 13:29

The dendrobium crosses with antennatum like blue twinkle, grow well in my zone and the plant stays in bloom for a long time once the plant gets up to size...
We have hade the warmest December in memory. This is a current picture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Den. blue twinkle

A close up shot...

o

Beauty!

o

That is a triumph. You realize of course that "Twinkle" is an Oncidium hybrid not a Dendrobium. I have grown Dend. antennatum and can see the resemblance though I didn't know of any hybrids. Do you have any idea what it is crossed with? Good growing. - Ian.

o

• Posted by arthurm Sydney, NSW AUST (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 17:01

Great growing! The plant has xsuperbeins, lineale, gouldii and canaliculatum but no antennatum in its ancestry. They are all lumped together as "Antelope" types.

o

Great growing and presentation.

Nick

o

So lovely! :)

o

Ohhh, absolutely lovely......:>)

o

Would make a pretty hedge

o

ifraser,
I'm aware of oncidium twinkle. In the plant world you can find that names like twinkle are shared. Without doubt there is a den. blue twinkle.

o

• Posted by jank US10 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 3, 14 at 3:19

One of my favorites---blooming away, too!

o

Blue Twinkle is so gorgeous. Where can I purchase this beauty? Can someone recommend a reputable orchid nursery where I can order this dendrobium.Thanks!

Allymarie

o

• Posted by arthurm Sydney, NSW AUST (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 16:29

Den. Blue Twinkle was registered in 1991 so it may not be available from Orchid Nurseries anymore. It is the parent of about 20 registered hybrids so similar hybrids may be available. H & R in Hawaii comes to mind but there must be some reliable orchid nurseries a little closer to Miami.

o

Thanks Arthurm, I'll checkout RF Orchids and H&R in Hawaii.

Allymarie

o

Such a beautiful, well grown orchid. You are sure doing something right !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Orchid Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here