Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I get molasses?

Posted by tpapa2001 10A (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 14:19

Hi All,
Where can I get some molasses? I've looked in the grocery baking ails (Walmart, Costco) but they don't have any.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I get molasses?

Where do you live?

o

I have seen dried and liquid molasses on the shelves at most of the big box home improvement stores in the garden sections as well as the locally owned garden centers around here.
We do not have a Costco near here and I would not shop at WalMart if it was the only store in town.

o

Look in the same aisles as the syrups. Can't imagine a grocery not carrying molasses.

o

Maybe just ask, perhaps they put it on a different aisle.

Here is a link that might be useful: Molasses at Walmart

o

Thank-you all for the response.
I live in SW Florida (Ft Myers). Asking someone from Walmart to help you is a hit & miss around here. Majority of the time they don't have a clue where the products are placed and will send you on a goose chase just to get you out of their face. This happened too many times for me to even waist my time and the frustration.

I also looked in the syrup aisles as well and I was surprised not see any; I think I need glasses...

Many thanks.

o

Check out farm stores that sell horse feed where dried molasses is usually sold in 40#.bags. It is added to horse feed mix. Any unused dried molasses should be bagged in plastic tightly as moisture will cause it to become hard as cement.

o

If you live in Florida hit publix. They have the brand slow as. Blackstrap, unsulfered

o

Nandina/TNJDM,
Thank-you for the response. I'll look for it next time I'm at a feed store. I was there this past weekend to pick up some Alfalfa. I don't think I'll be needing that much, but good to know. Publix is a hit and miss around here as well.

T

o

If you would go to a Feed Store they will have ether and it will not cost you allot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here