Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cgm in central nj

Posted by jaz50y z6 NJ (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 6, 12 at 15:55

I am in Princeton, and wonder if anyone knows a seller of corn gluten meal in central NJ. Thx.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cgm in central nj

o

In case anyone wants a useful answer, where the first result isn't bbq in KY, the only reasonably close supplier I could find was Rosedale Mills in Pennington - 40# bag is $44, in powder form.

o

Also check out Belle Meade Co-Op in Belle Meade. I get Soybean Meal there. I think they have CGM as well, but likely not as animal feed.

o

I ended up with Jonathan Green Organic Weed Control from Kale's Nursery in Lawrenceville.

o

How much did it cost you. A 50lbs bag of Jonathan Green was running $70 so I went with Broad something or other that was $50 for a 40lbs bag. More then I think I paid a few years back. I think this stuff is somehow getting more expensive.

o

Yeah, it was $65 for a 50 lb bag ($1.30 a pound versus your $1.25 a pound), but 50# is the amount I need. Now if I can just figure out exactly when to put it down with this weather! My forsythia only has buds set, but I am also seeing onion grass and some lawn violets.

o

jaz, prices are up on anything corn related. I put some down last weekend in annapolis. The weeds already are popping up everywhere here, so I wouldn't wait too long. I'm thinking of doing another light run next week. I'm sure your weather has been the same, very higher than avg nights, pretty warm days.

o

Thx - stuff has begun popping up so I put it down this morning. Supposed to rain lightly tonight, so hoping for the best at these prices!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here