Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All Natural Fertilizer?

Posted by earthworm73 WA z8 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 28, 08 at 19:43

I saw this fertilizer at like a Home Depot and it says all natural. I was wondering if this stuff is any good? Also does it qualify as organic fertilizer? It smells like pet food.

http://www.planetnatural.com/site/ringer-lawn-restore.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All Natural Fertilizer?

The ingredients say "Hydrolyzed poultry feather meal, nitrate of soda, potassium sulfate, bone meal and soybean meal"

All that is organic.

I tend to use a different definition (actually, the same as I can't change words just because I want to, I just modify it). I use plant-derived, minimally-processed, temporarily-locked, preferably-reasonably-local organic sources only, which means I wouldn't use the nitrate of soda or potassium sulfate, since those are usually mined and extracted.

However, that's just me and if you were my neighbor and I saw you using it, I'd commend you. I wouldn't even be thinking nasty things.

That pet food scent is the feather and bone meal, mostly. The plain soybean I use is essentially scentless. The alfalfa smells like hay.

I've never used it, but others have and report good results. I'd think, being a brand name and a mix, it's probably a bit more expensive than using no-name or unnamed (like flat soybean meal) sources. However, if it's what you can get locally, the price is reasonable, and you're happy with it, use it!

o
RE: All Natural Fertilizer?

morpheuspa, despite the fact I live in a semi rural area I have a hard time finding CMG, soybean meal and the like. The only thing I found is alfalfa meal and pellets. I will continue to look for the other products and start using the Ringer. Thanks for the response.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here