Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lou_spicewood_tx

San Jacinto Environmental Supplies

lou_spicewood_tx
17 years ago

I recently came aross their products while I was in Houston, Texas visiting my family. Their organic fertilizers looked very interesting. For anyone in Houston area might want to check it out...

Microlife has mycorhizzal fungi in it so I might give it a try. Probably will work best when core areated before applying Microlife. I'm hoping that my friend who works part time in lawn service (his own business) can get them at wholesale price from distributor place which happened to be one mile from my mom's house!

Here is a link that might be useful: SJ organic fertilizers

Comments (6)

• greenjeans_il
    17 years ago

That MicroGro looks like some pretty good stuff. If cornmeal doesn't cure the disease issues I had with my bentgrass last year I'll definitely give it a try. Wish they had prices on the site. I get suspicious when I see advertisements without prices. Kind of like a place here in town that sells hot-tubs and above ground swimming pools. No prices on anything until you talk to the salesman and he's gone through his shpeal. Almost like they're sizing you up to see how much they think you'll spend!

• lou_spicewood_tx
    Original Author
    17 years ago

you'd have to go all the way to Houston, Texas to buy one. It appears to be restricted to Houston area only at the moment at various specialized nurseries.

Retail price for 6-2-4 Microlife is 24 dollars for 40lbs. It looked like souped up version of Texas Green Tee fertilizer.

8-4-6 Microlife is $40 something. More potent version of 6-2-4.

I'm trying to get a friend of mine who runs lawn service business to buy them at wholesale price. The office/warehouse happens to be a mile away from my mom's house in Houston!

The only reason I want to try microlife is because it has myco. fungi in it. I plan to use on my actively growing lawn (they spread by stolons and roots at nodes so they should come in contact with myco fungi). I probably will spread a thin layer of mixed sand and compost to maximize its effectiveness or use core aerator machine (cheaper) but how do i get it here? No Truck...

• greenjeans_il
    17 years ago

You live in Texas and you don't have a truck? Shame, shame. : )

It's been awhile since I've been to Houston. My sister graduated from Humble High School class of '90. That would be a long drive for soil amendments.

• lou_spicewood_tx
    Original Author
    17 years ago

My wife wouldn't let me buy one! I had no choice but get SUV instead to fit all the baby stuff plus our dog for trips...

Maybe old small beat up truck one day... ;) I'm just waiting for much better fuel efficient full sized truck! I wish they'd start building diesel fuel trucks like f 150, Titan, Tundra and similiar sized trucks, not that super big ones (F 350) that I do not need.

• jameshtx
    4 years ago

Prices for Microlife has increased significantly since this posting 12 years ago. At my local Ace Hardware is selling the 6-2-4 40lb for $49.99, the Ultimate 8-4-6 40lb for $66.99. I've got a big yard and would need two bags each time. That would make it very expensive for me. Just wanted to share.......

• taghorse
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I would love to try microlife on my yard. However it isn’t sold in PA. I could get it through Amazon for $44 plus $34 s/h for 1 bag. Anyone have any suggestions for a similar product or better that can be purchased in PA. I have been doing organic lawn care for the last 8 years. I typically use a high protein rabbit food but like the idea of adding more microbes to the soil. My lawn has never looked better since starting the organic program. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sponsored