Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bryan_scott3324

Sticky Weed, Sticky Willy, Velcro Weed

Bryan Scott
12 years ago

I wanted to post about something that is taking my neighborhood with a vengence- a weed known as Sticky Weed (and other names too). It's a weed that just about grips you if you touch it or get it on you. Over the last two weeks, I had a large tree bed that I had cleared out and sticky weed invaded the area and now I have a solid tree bed of over a foot high bed of this very think, tangling, sticky weed! It's a pain in the rear to chop down with the weed eater, as it just tangles up on the weed eater's head, and, you can't really completely mow it becuase it mats down. I'm a little worried about it as the goobers next door have a huge backyard full of it and it's coming through my fence. I'm starting to see shoots of it coming up in my lawn near this area.

So, if any of you have been dealing with this weed- what have you tried besides hand pulling it? Besides it's fast spreading nature, I've read up on some discussion on how this stuff, when it comes in contact with skin can cause sever rash breakout. Although we did not know it at the time, I think my mom came in contact with it in her lawn and had a rash on her arms and legs for a couple weeks after she had worked clearing beds in her back yard. She remembers cleaning out a bunch of this junk.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz