Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to apply cornmeal?

Posted by valtorrez (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 24, 11 at 14:10

I wanted to apply cornmeal to grass in April due to this being the period where my grass always developes a fungus. I know about the 20 pounds to every 1000 feet however how do I decide what setting to put it on on my Scotts broadcast spreader?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to apply cornmeal?

The ink below may be of some help.

Here is a link that might be useful: calibrating a spreader

o
RE: How to apply cornmeal?

If you are always getting fungus you might have a problem with too much watering or bad drainage. I got hit once last year behind the garage that was a low spot and only got sun a few hours a day. I dug it up, added dirt/sand/peat moss, alfalfa and new sod. I did not get hit with fungus this year. I did spread out corn meal on the fungus problem last year by just tossing it around to cover everything. I don't think you can "over do it".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here