Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Way to Apply Blackstrap Molases

Posted by earthworm73 WA z8 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 12, 08 at 17:56

I have a bottle and need to know how to apply to my lawn.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Way to Apply Blackstrap Molases

I use ortho dial set at 2oz rate. Lowes, Wal Mart, etc have them. Make sure to add water to molasses to dilute it because molasses is too thick to get sucked up through the straw.

o

Thanks I think I have one somewhere in my messy garage.

o

I had given up looking for one in my messy garage and got a new one! :-)

o

I sprayed it without dilution. I expected a mess but it went on great!

I finally found all of mine in my messy garage and put them in one bin. If your Ortho leaks from under the dial, there is an o-ring inside the dial that can be replaced.

o

David,

Your molasses must have been already diluted when you got it? The one I buy from the store was so thick, it stopped up ortho dial. That's why I added water to dilute it a bit. Vinegar seems to dilute molasses a bit better but it doesn't matter anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here