Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much lime can I apply?

Posted by west9491 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 9:17

I recently found a company that will deliver and spread lime on my land. My last will test recommended a rate of 100 pounds per 1000 sqft.

My soil is highly acidic like 4.1 to 4.5 pH so it's going to need a lot of lime.
I fully understand that I can't just dump all of the needed lime on my lawn at once and water it in and forget about it but is it possible that I could apply a heavier rate of lime then what they recommend Without causing harm to my existing grass?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much lime can I apply?

That recommended rate of application is probably based on long term experience and testing and is what your soil needs. Applying more will raise the soils pH above what is good for your lawn and create more problems.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here