Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dchall_san_antonio

This organic lawn care forum

dchall_san_antonio
16 years ago

Well after a little over a year of this organic lawn care forum, I guess I am glad they started it. I was very skeptical at first because it seemed like there were a lot of people on the regular lawn forum that were more than curious about an organic program but not necessarily curious enough to go looking for another forum. At the same time there was a lot more tension and even antagonism on the other lawn care forum when organics were mentioned. That seems to have calmed down now, so I guess this was a good idea.

Comments (11)

• billhill
    16 years ago

I like the idea of two separate forums. When I respond to posts here, the organic approach is emphasized. In the lawn forum, I usually suggest and learn things about both disciplines. I do believe in the "hybrid" approach as one transitions to a full organic lawn and garden program
    Bill Hill

• kmnhiramga
    16 years ago

If it weren't for this forum I wounld not have known there was an organic approach to lawn care. i'm on my way with an organic plan and am thankful.

• morpheuspa (6B/7A, E. PA)
    16 years ago

Ditto. While not pure organic, at least I'm most of the way there.

• greatlakesmower
    16 years ago

I wonder if it would be helpful to post a link to this forum in the regular lawn care forum? At present, there are lawm mower links at the top.

• tmelrose
    16 years ago

I agree with the above posters, if not for this forum I wouldn't have known about organic lawn care. Thanks

• bestlawn
    16 years ago

I also agree. No more fighting on the lawn care forum and running people away from all the chaos.

greatlakesmower, that request has been made a couple times to no avail.

• smitty5952
    16 years ago

If I hadn't found this forum I'd still be having Chemlawn ruin my yard.

• rcnaylor
    16 years ago

I agree it would seem fair for there to be a link to this forum on the lawn care board. I mentioned that awhile back, but, nothing ever became of it.

• sandyzz
    16 years ago

When I stumbled onto this forum last summer it totally changed how I care for my lawn. Now I am recruiting others. I plan to deliver soybean meal to my family and friends and I am visiting a friend soon to make a trip to Starbucks for coffee grounds to spread and to spread some soybean meal. I bought them a Weed Hound last year. Thanks to everyone for all the great advice and info.

• sarabell
    16 years ago

I figured there was no forum like this, since it didn't link at the top of the Lawn Care Forum. I wish there were a link, it seems there clearly ought to be.

I also am glad this forum is here! Wonderful.

• vintageways
    16 years ago

GardenWeb was new to me the last couple years. I recall challenging some conventional approaches in the lawn care forum as a few others did, shortly after was the creation of this great forum. I am now learning what I wanted to initially find at GardenWeb about organics.

I send interested people to this site/forum all the time as it is the most informative location of organic discussion on the web!

Great job dchall