Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This organic lawn care forum

Posted by dchall_san_antonio 8 San Antonio (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 08 at 11:49

Well after a little over a year of this organic lawn care forum, I guess I am glad they started it. I was very skeptical at first because it seemed like there were a lot of people on the regular lawn forum that were more than curious about an organic program but not necessarily curious enough to go looking for another forum. At the same time there was a lot more tension and even antagonism on the other lawn care forum when organics were mentioned. That seems to have calmed down now, so I guess this was a good idea.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This organic lawn care forum

I like the idea of two separate forums. When I respond to posts here, the organic approach is emphasized. In the lawn forum, I usually suggest and learn things about both disciplines. I do believe in the "hybrid" approach as one transitions to a full organic lawn and garden program
Bill Hill

o

If it weren't for this forum I wounld not have known there was an organic approach to lawn care. i'm on my way with an organic plan and am thankful.

o

Ditto. While not pure organic, at least I'm most of the way there.

o

I wonder if it would be helpful to post a link to this forum in the regular lawn care forum? At present, there are lawm mower links at the top.

o

I agree with the above posters, if not for this forum I wouldn't have known about organic lawn care. Thanks

o

I also agree. No more fighting on the lawn care forum and running people away from all the chaos.

greatlakesmower, that request has been made a couple times to no avail.

o

If I hadn't found this forum I'd still be having Chemlawn ruin my yard.

o

I agree it would seem fair for there to be a link to this forum on the lawn care board. I mentioned that awhile back, but, nothing ever became of it.

o

When I stumbled onto this forum last summer it totally changed how I care for my lawn. Now I am recruiting others. I plan to deliver soybean meal to my family and friends and I am visiting a friend soon to make a trip to Starbucks for coffee grounds to spread and to spread some soybean meal. I bought them a Weed Hound last year. Thanks to everyone for all the great advice and info.

o

I figured there was no forum like this, since it didn't link at the top of the Lawn Care Forum. I wish there were a link, it seems there clearly ought to be.

I also am glad this forum is here! Wonderful.

o

GardenWeb was new to me the last couple years. I recall challenging some conventional approaches in the lawn care forum as a few others did, shortly after was the creation of this great forum. I am now learning what I wanted to initially find at GardenWeb about organics.

I send interested people to this site/forum all the time as it is the most informative location of organic discussion on the web!

Great job dchall

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here