Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
soybean meal benefits

Posted by v1rtu0s1ty 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 13, 07 at 16:18

I was searching via google and found some articles about soybean meal. It can be used to prevent dandelions. Don't know how trustworthy the link is.

What else does it give to our lawn?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE:soybean meal benefits

hi greenjeans,

Below is a snipped from a reply you posted back in Jul 20, 2006 at Lawn Care forum.

Yes, Gator, soybean meal would be best for a Winter prep. You want lots of protein in those last few applications. I'll be overseeding so I'll give it a dose of alfalfa in early August (for the rooting hormone) but after that it's back to the soybean meal.

Since I will be overseeding this year(fall), what month should I do the overseeding? Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov?
From your post above, when did you spread the seeds? What will trigger you that it is time to spread soybean meal? Usually, what month do you apply it?

Thanks!

o
RE: soybean meal benefits

Any link to that dandelion article? Dandelions love SBM...yummy!

o

hi subywu,

So why is SBM being recommended here if it loves Dandelions?

Link is here and at the fifth paragraph.

Thanks.

o

SBM is excellent fertilizer. I just have never heard SBM used as a pre-emergent like in the article you found (nice find btw). I wonder how much you have to put down to get that effect.

o

I'm very newbie with lawn care. Can you please provide me a link about Dandelion's attraction with SBM.

Thanks.

o

No link. SBM is excellent fertilizer, period.

o

Ok folks, the folks at Lawn Care help me a lot. They told me that the best time for overseeding is late August until early September. Now, should I apply alfalfa 3 weeks before I overseed? What about soybean meal, should I apply it around early November? I'm in zone 5.

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here