Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coke_nut

Powdered Bobcat pee?

coke_nut
15 years ago

Can anyone tell me the name of Powdered Bobcat pee. It is put down so any small rodents will smell it and run, thinking there is a bobcat around.

Thanks

Comments (13)

• dchall_san_antonio
    15 years ago

Never heard of it but Google has 3,500 entries to choose from.

Do you have critters that a cat or Jack Russell terrier cannot handle?

• whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
    15 years ago

A Jack Russel is my weapon of choice!

For the bobcat pee, check out local hunting shops. It's used as a cover scent. other predator scents like fox will also work.

• coke_nut
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone. I did a google search and found it. I don't know why I didn't check there first.

• dchall_san_antonio
    15 years ago

Because you love us here. Or you wanted to introduce us to a new idea.

• coke_nut
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, dchall san antonio I couldn't resist.LOL.
    But to be honest we have an old house that has been sitting for years in the middle of a jungle behind us and the woman died and the county took it over and so they are going to knock it down so I was going to put something down to keep critters from coming into our yard. We have a fence but I'm afraid they will go under it. So thats my idea. You think it will work? Or do you think I still need the Jack Russell?
    :)

• whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
    15 years ago

The Jack Russel will provide hours of fun, and he'll be your your best friend for years! Keeping your yard pest free is just a bonus! Here's mine after a long day of garden patrol. notice the smile!
    {{gwi:141491}}

• dchall_san_antonio
    15 years ago

Yeah, I would not buy stock in a bobcat pee company.

That is one smilin' Jack Russell. Must have caught his limit of critters. Would you loan him out to coke_nut?

• coke_nut
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Between smilin' Jack and my 3 mini dachshunds I don't think they would have a chance.

• tex_jas
    15 years ago

Sometimes I come home from work frustrated with my job, but things like this always make me feel better... Just who exactly has the job of dehydrating bobcat pee??? Is there a bobcat ranch out there that I haven't heard about?

• coke_nut
    Original Author
    15 years ago

tex jas glad to keep you entertained. I wonder what the qualifications are. LOL.

• dchall_san_antonio
    15 years ago

Good question. Do they take the bobcat kittens and train them to pee in a collector? And then dry it? Or do they train them to pee in a litter box, let it dry out, and then sell the litter? What a racket that would be. And how do you know it is not house cat pee in the litter? Does the government have special bobcat pee inspectors that ensure we don't get common house cat pee in our bobcat pee boxes? And how do we know it isn't human pee? That's the easiest to collect. All you'd have to do is re-route the plumbing into your kitty litter container at the local dance hall on a Saturday night and you could be in business selling exotic animal pee.

• bpgreen
    15 years ago

You are all misreading the term "Powdered Bobcat pee" I think.

If you notice, "Powdered" and "Bobcat" are both uppercase and "pee" is lowercase. I think it's actually a liquid product, made up of the pee from powdered bobcats. The powdered bobcats are probably a lot easier to control and train than the wild ones.

• tex_jas
    15 years ago

Hmmm.... house cats.... Me thinks I may have a new business! The wife finally twisted my arm into getting a couple of kittens. I'll just name one "Fox" and the other "Bobcat". Cha ching!

Y'all be watching for the TexJas line of exotic perfumes at your local hunting shops....... ;)

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro