Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rickbubba_gw

St. Augustine grass help?

rickbubba
15 years ago

Hello Gardenweb Land I just wanted to post some updated information as to what path I have taken to (hopefully) correct my grass problems???

As of my last post I had already put down SBM,CSM,Starbucks coffee bean grounds 14 pounds per SF Three bags SBM Two bags CSM about fourty pounds of coffee per 18000 sf.

I decided to make up some compost tea this idea was mine because my past experience with the tea has been very good I appIied this first.I read in the past posts that regular compost had the best results for thatch and fungus so I bought some compost that also had composted chicken munure in it from a local nursery because I wanted my grass to grow quickly I filled all the thatched or dead spots with it.

The last thing applied was unsulferd molasses with a ortho hose end sprayer @2 oz. mixing with 2 parts water 1 part molasses.I did all this Sat.&Sun. As of Tuesday late evening (dusk) I am starting to see parts of grass turning very green.

So I was thinking after spraying the compost tea I needed to feed the microbes with the molasses and the regular compost should have lots of a micro heard just waiting for food.I also did my regular heavy water application and we received a nice blessing of a heavy rain within a 24 hour period.

So I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for success after reading lots of your ideas and posts on Gardenweb.com

Comments (5)

Sponsored