Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skoot_cat_gw

Skoot-cat lawn update

Skoot-cat
11 years ago

Hey everyone! I've been gone for awhile, just wanted to say hello and give an update on my lawn as it's been awhile since Ive updated. I forgot my password, so I had to create a new user name. Its now Skoot-cat (aka skoot_cat) just a regular - instead of an underscore. anyway lets get to it.

My front lawn took a big hit approx. 2 years ago by either grubs or Chinch bugs. (i couldn't figure out which). I lost approx half my lawn (1000sqft) and the Bermuda grass quickly filled in. I was pissed to say the least.

I kept mowing high(4+"), watering deep(3/4 - 1", 2x times a week) and fertilizing regularly. It took nearly 2 years of this practice and my lawn is once again full and beautiful. The St.Augustine has taken over most of the bermuda and there's only approx. a 3x3 area to go. I'll try to get some pic's up soon.

You'll notice I said 3/4 to 1" of water 2x a week!!!! I live in central west FL(tampa area) and I can tell you the 1" of water 1 time a week isn't cutting it in my area. The FL sun is intense and I had increase the rate to 3/4" water @ two times a week. (i know some will disagree, but Im telling you, the 1" rule in full FL sun is not enough)

Im glad to be back and hopefully some of old pro's are still out there. (Dchall San Antonio, Texas weed, an all the other's I've learned so much from.)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone