Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looks like some overkill from this company....

Posted by rutgers1 6NJ (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 08 at 23:16

This is the plan from an organic nursery in New York state. As a guy who wants to do something to the lawn every week, I am intrigued. But even I would say that this seems like major overkill. I would love to learn some more about some of the products mentioned there, though:

their annual plan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looks like some overkill from this company....

Yeah, overkill for anything but maybe the first year of organics. That having been said, you're right. Some of those products are interesting indeed....

o

Unless you want to pay double for all of those products by having it shipped to you, no one would be able to find that variety of products in their area. Maybe in 10 years when the rest of the world has caught on, but not today.

The nursery I've found that has a staff person (the owner, I think) with a knowledge of organic gardening and the products you can purchase has told me the same thing about calcium rich soil being good for grass and bad for weeds. Good thing I just bought some "Nature Safe" which is a blend of all kinds of feather meal, bone meal, blood meal, potash and maybe some other stuff, and it is rich in calcium (i guess from the bone meal).

o

• Posted by whip1 z5 ne Ohio (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 7, 08 at 14:03

I have a local company that sells a lot of that stuff. I use the RE-VITA ORGANIC LAWN FERTILIZER in the spring. It's got all of the good stuff. The rest of the year, I use various grains.

Here is a link that might be useful: OHIO EARTH FOOD, INC.

o

So funny they use plant tone and not "lawn tone" since espoma makes a lawn specific formula. Also Farfard is interesting. They are using a bagged compost? I think this is a chicken manure compost isn't it? I actually like the convenience of bagged compost, but never thought of using it on my lawn.

o

The place is only like 45 minutes from me. I am going to head up there to see what they have sometime in the not so distant future.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here