Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grub control

Posted by coeng NE NJ (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 07 at 9:52

My wife and I decided to start organic lawn care this season since it was in the best interest of our kids.

Prior to this decision, I put down Scotts Step 1 with Halts in the 1st week of April because I figured that the ground was too soggy to play on for the next few weeks anyway.

I am planning on applying an organic fertilizer this weekend (Johnathon Green) for the 1st time.

I'm also starting to get yellow patches due to grubs. Will spot treatment with GrubEx watered in right away do the job or is this pointless since the grubs will just move to another spot on the lawn? I don't know much about nematodes and am hesitant to put them down since I don't know of any side-effects of doing so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grub control

coeng, "Scotts" recommends that you contact the Extension Service as to the best timing for the application of this product. Precise timing is the key to success when doing any chemical grub control.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here