Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beverlyfladeziner

Floritam Recovering - What can I do now to help it?

I live in an HOA that maintains our lawns. Last year in the fall when it was raining for days, the HOA decided to draw down the ponds and irrigated during the rains. The Floratam developed a fungus from all the overwatering that devastated the already poor lawns. This damage was combined with the huge bare spots caused by the yearly visit of the chinch bugs. They treat for the bugs late every year and for the last 7 years the bugs have been back eating my lawn. One year much of the front lawn was resodded, but the bugs came back and ate that too.

So far this year we have had one visit by a local pest control company which sprayed the lawns with fertilizer, something to combat the chich bugs, & something to feed the lawns. There has been some progress on the quality of lawns composed of 60% weeds as you can see from the pictures, but the lawn is thin, has thatch, short & there's little lawn where the grass meets the curb.

We are scheduled for another treatment right before the summer ban on fertilizer kicks in, but I would like to help my lawn recover and flourish organically. I also think the lawns are being cut too short. Can I please have some of the sage advice from this forum? Thanks in advance.

This post was edited by beverly27 on Fri, May 23, 14 at 10:54

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz