Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to get corn meal

Posted by jss0102 orlando (My Page) on
Fri, May 29, 09 at 13:07

I've been looking and calling around the local feed stores but no one has corn or soy meal! Is there something that I can pick up from walmart or one of those wholesale stores? If anyone is from the Orlando area please let me know where or what you use thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to get corn meal

Any Wal Mart that has groceries will have corn meal. Some of them also have it in large quantities, but if all else fails, you can just buy it in the packages that are aimed at kitchens.

o

A suitable alternative to corn meal is cracked corn. It has the same properties as meal but is much coarser. A few corn shoots may come up and the birds will have a better chance at eating some. It is usually available at farm animal feed stores pretty cheap ($10 to $20 for 50 lbs.)
Bill Hill

Here is a link that might be useful: Corn meal on lawns

o

I usually get it at a Caribbean store on Colonial Drive. They sell it in 50 pound bags for $17.00. I don't have their phone no handy but if you look up Caribbean Supermarket in the phone book and call them they will give you directions. They are weswt of US 441 and on the right hand side after you pass Pine Hills Rd. Then you will see a huge plaza and it is the huge yellow building at the easternmost end of the Plaza

o

i know where it is on 50 and close to pine hills. Thanks I will check them out. I go there occassionally to get some food stuff from home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here