Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organictriplej_pa

Mea Culpa- recovering from use of chemicals

organictriplej_pa
13 years ago

Hi. I'm not looking for absolution (as there is none), just facts. In a moment of extreme weakness, I used up the last of a bag of Scott's the previous owners had left behind. I was on my second season of organics. I subscribe and receive shipments of liquid treatments to add via hose end sprayer (seasonal kelp, humates, etc.). I also used CGM this spring. Last fall, I had mostly creeping pink smartweed. This spring, a couple tupes of tuberous weeds, then fighting a growing contingent of dandelion and clover among many others. I hoped the CGM would abate the dandelion spread but it's not helping. This past week, I noticed just a bit of the pink smartweed returning. I've been pulling some by hand but it's endless for me to cover on my own(4500 sq ft).

I have a mixed grass lawn, mostly tall fescue. I'm outside Philadelphia, PA. I haven't watered yet this spring- only do about once a week in the peak heat of August. I mow 3" high.

Anyway, in a moment of weakness, I used the chemicals. I feel like I can hear the screams of all my earthworms dying. I'm here to mainly ask: did I entirely reset my organic program back to square one or did I only take a few steps back? Was it a nuclear bomb or a small scale attack? I will continue with my organic treatments for whatever it may be worth now. I feel like a lapsed alcoholic. Flame me if you feel like it. It was utterly stupid of me. If there's anything I can do to neutralize some of the effects, I would do that as well, though I assume all I can do it get back on the wagon.

Thanks.

Judith

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer