Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tim_in_ny

Upstate NY update! Lawn is looking great!

tim_in_ny
15 years ago

New construction home last year, lawn was seeded in June of '07.

Lawn is just coming up on its one year anniversary, and its putting the Neighbors to SHAME!

The neighbors on either side of me are both employing a local service to spray their lawn just about every first of the month. Its nice because it really allows me to see how my lawn is doing in comparison with their service.

I'm 100% organic this season, i applied starter fert last year, but as of the last snow of '08, ive been organic. Hit the lawn with CGM in late march, SBM in mid april and i'll probably do Alfalfa around memorial day unless someone can suggest a reason not to?

Lawn is coming in nice and thick, i had seeded with a nice LESCO premium athletic mix of KBG. they use it on the ball fields here at several of our local universities, and it looks fabulous. I went with the lesco rep and checked it out, i was sold!

So, i guess the purpose of this posting is to give all you guys hope out there, my lawn is looking better and better with every day. color is getting dark and STAYING dark, unlike the neighbors who need a shot of steroids every month to keep from turning neon green. Lawn is being cut nice and high at around 3.5" and its responding well, weeds are being kept to a minimum!

Good luck to the rest of my zone 5'ers and keep it positive, i was doubtful at first, but im really starting to see results and im pleased!

thanks to all on the forum, ive been mostly a lurker, but i wanted to give feedback on the advice ive read here!

Comments (7)

Sponsored