Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smdmt

Help! Some kind of Fungus

smdmt
16 years ago

I'm getting some grass blades covered with white. The back sides have yellowed. In addition, there also looks like some patches of brown. My neighbor's yard is almost dead looking- like total brown. Corn meal? Will an application of that help? If so, will the application suffice for the "Memorial Day" application of a meal?

Also, how high should I be mowing a mainly tall fescue lawn?

Comments (3)

• dchall_san_antonio
    16 years ago

Part of the beauty of corn meal is you don't really have to ask. Just use it. If you are susceptible to fungal disease, you can apply it every 60 days to keep it under control. Apply to the whole lawn go keep from getting green spots and to be sure you get it all.

Unless you want to encourage some sort of seeds to grow, you should mow at the highest setting you and your spouse can agree upon. The higher the better. Tall grass is greener, healthier, uses less water, and keeps weeds out better.

• smdmt
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Back to David- my lawn mower is set at the highest setting.. and the grass in someplaces flops over. Could this lead to more problems since there would be less air circulation?

• dchall_san_antonio
    16 years ago

Your setting is great. Do you think the grass might be flopping over because it is brand new seedlings or because it is wilting? Or do you have any other thoughts about the care and handling it's getting?

Sponsored