Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
westchestergrower

Some worries- New Organic lawn..

WestchesterGrower
14 years ago

Hey guys/gals,

I started to go Organic in the Fall and the grass came in beautifully this Spring. Maybe the nicest in the neighborhood, to be quite honest. In mid April I put down Milorganite as well as 'Gardens Alive' organic fertilizer -which I believe it mainly corn glutton, bone meal, etc.

Aside from some widespread clover and now mushrooms in the lawn, I have been very happy. I do want to control those issues somehow, but I have a bigger problem.

After cutting my grass lately, I am seeing a lot of white areas in the lawn. I can't explain it too well (Will take good pics tomorrow and post them), but it almost seems like areas of decay or rot in the grass. I've never experienced this problem before. I have had white/yellow fungus before (which you can wipe off the grass blade), but as I said, this is almost more so like rot. And while you can notice it when cut, the grass still seems to come in strong and consistently all over a few days after mowing.

Now, here we had a lot of rain lately and the grass has been growing like gangbusters. When I cut it (6 day cycle usually), it is too long already. I am thinking perhaps the sun isn't making it down there and that is causing the rot. Maybe I am cutting it too short as well at about 3 inches. Any other ideas? I really appreciate the help. Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored