Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
estreya_gw

Weed & Feed Mea Culpa

estreya
16 years ago

Hello, everyone. I'm new to this forum, somewhat new to gardening, and am posting with a heavy heart.

It's all Costco's fault! There they were on that broad wooden pallet, neatly shacked, shining bags of "Weed and Feed." My mind darted from the immage of the flawless lawn represented on the bag, versus my weed ravaged lawn at home.

And then it happened. Although i pile my grocery cart high with organic produce on a weekly basis, although i keep the deer from munching my dogwoods by spraying an organic Pharma-something product, i found myself leaving Costco with three of those shiney bags.

And i've felt horrible about it ever since.

But it doesn't stop there.

I applied it. I could have taken it back, i suppose, but it was in the garage, after all, and the grass was looking atrocious and i was having people over next week and ... and ...

I'm not going to do this again. It may sound as if i'm being glib here, but i really am heart sick.

So i came to this forum, and i'm delighted to see so many wonderful alternatives to chemical solutions. I haven't begun to read it all yet, but i can see from the post titles alone that it's going to be a precious resource.

The issue now is how much damage did i do, and how long will it take to rectify?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022