Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeds all over the lawn

Posted by v1rtu0s1ty Zone 5, Northern IL (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 07 at 0:13

Ok folks, I saw 3 of my neighbor's lawn all covered with seeds. I guess it's KBG's seed. I think it's like 95% of their lawn have seeds.

In my lawn, I only got a few maybe about 5%. Is something not right in my lawn or their lawn?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeds all over the lawn

Ignore your neighbors. They are not important. :-)

Sometimes grass seeds. Seemingly, sometimes for no apparent reason, it doesn't. Seeding doesn't seem to be much of a relation to sod health, either. Seeding also requires energy that the sod would otherwise put into blade and root growth. Not that there's much root growth in June, but I'll take what I can get and be happy about it.

Parts of mine are seeding all over the place (and driving me nuts with the stems in the process). Other parts are chugging along happily growing...but producing no seed.

It's all good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here