Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Regular ol' molasses? (for ACT)

Posted by cutlas72 z7 NW OKC (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 07 at 3:25

When making ACT I know you're suppose to add 1/2 ounce per gallon, but are we talking molasses you buy at the grocer? Or is there some different, more potent kind to be found? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to this. Thank you for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Regular ol' molasses? (for ACT)

My understanding is that it's the stuff you buy at the store, but you need to make sure it's unsulfured.

o

Thanks for the fast response. Gonna head to the store later this morning and get some. I'll be brewing my first batch of tea just as soon as the worm castings I ordered arrive!

o

cutlas72, can you please post the link to where you bought the worm castings?

Careful with molasses, I read somewhere that it can ruin your ACT especially during hot days.

Thanks,

Ron

o

No problem... it's Hall's Wormery in Blackwell, Tx. Their site has more info than you thought possible about worms. They'll ship you a 10lb bag for $14.95, which is about average for what I found. Because they ship via USPS don't expect any blazing speeds. I received my tracking # from the wormery on 05/30, and as of right now(0130 of 06/04) the USPS site tells me that my package was accepted on 05/30? :< Maybe it will arrive today.

Since placing my order I became aware of this brand new phenomena called the "Yellow Pages". In it I found a few worm farms right here in my own area that sell their castings for the same or less than what I paid online. AND THERE'S NO SHIPPING!!! So you may want to check that out and save yourself if not some money, then at least a little wait time. I know I will on my next order.

Here is a link that might be useful: worm website

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here