Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CGM not pelletized

Posted by smitty5952 6 PA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 5, 07 at 9:16

We had a discussion in another thread about CGM that I could get locally for $10.75 for 50 lbs. But the CGM is not pelletized and I would need a lime spreader to put it on my lawn. I have never seen or used CGM as I have just started organic lawn care. What consistency would non-pelletized CGM be? Would it be similar to SBM? Could I use it in a regular broadcast spreader? Are there different types of CGM? This price sounds awfully low to me. Usually around $1/lb around here. What is a lime spreader?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CGM not pelletized

Smitty, FYI
Glenn @ Triple M says his CGM should spread in the same way as Soybean meal spreads. According to him it should spread with a normal spreader.
I'm curious also smitty, anyone ever have problems spreading non pelletized CGM with a broadcast spreader?

o

The CGM that I've used is nearly a powder...it's much more fine than SBM. Most broadcast spreaders can spread CGM. It's best to spread CGM when not windy.

-Deerslayer

o

The only type of CGM I purchase is a fine grind and I spread it with a Republic EZ Spreader rotary. You will need to experiment a bit till you get the proper setting to apply at a rate of 20lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. If you are applying CGM now, its main purpose will be as a fertilizer.

o

smitty, where are you in PA. $10.75 is a great price for CGM for me, might be worth the drive.

I'm in South Jersey.

thanks!

o
RE: tooooo far :-(

Just saw your location in another thread. Harrisburg, right? A little too far, oh well.

o

blip, triple m is actually in Lebanon which is east of Harrisburg but still far from Jersey (90 minutes even from Phillipsburg, NJ). Link below. They suggest calling ahead to make sure they have it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Triple M farms

o

thanks gbig2, that's about 100 miles each way for me. :-( Any good fireworks places out that way, maybe I can combine 2 trips into one.

What's the price from Triple M?

o

I'm not sure about fireworks. The CGM is $10.75 plus tax for 50 lb bag.

o
RE: CGM not pelletized/fireworks

Actually there is a place between Lebanon and HBG that sells fireworks. Lotus fireworks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here