Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katefisher_gw

Scott's Weed n Feed failure

katefisher
15 years ago

A couple of questions please. This spring we wanted to make a change from Scott's to something environmentally kinder. Time started to go by and ultimately we decided that since I had a nearly full bag of Weed & Feed in the shed from last year I would use it on the whole lawn once and then get rid of it. See what the next step was in something non synthetic after that.

We had not fertilzied since Spring of 2007. Well I think our fertilizer had become inert. Perhaps it had been sitting on a shelf for a long time before I bought it I'm not sure. But now three weeks later our lawn has not shown any greening up at all. It is greenish but I can see the yellow creeping in.

I would like to try another fertilizer but don't want to use a synthetic at this point. I have been watering the lawn regularly, I don't know what kind of grass we have. The temps have been right around 90 if that makes a difference.

Can someone suggest a product that will give my lawn a good feeding without burning? I'm not worried about the weed situation. I have been hand pulling enough that weeds are a very small problem currently.

Thank you.

Kate

Comments (4)

Sponsored